PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Steward
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 25 years
Job Published04 December 2023
Job Reference No.927122919
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Steward. The data steward will ensure adherence to Data, Information Governance and management at business unit and enterprise level, coordinating with stakeholders to ensure that data milestones are met, develop data business standards, metrics and processes. The role acts as proxy for business data owner to ensure execution on data ownership requirements in line with the Data Ownership Model. Provide strategic direction on how identified data issues should be resolved at Tribe and PO level in alignment to the Data Strategy.
- Develop data business standards, metrics and processes.
- Act as proxy for business data owner to ensure execution on data ownership requirements in line with the Data Ownership Model.
- Provide strategic direction on how identified data issues should be resolved at Tribe and Product Owner level in alignment to the Data Strategy.
- Define the data and identify assets within their own data domains. This ensures there isn’t conflict with other data elements.
- Create processes and procedures along with access controls to monitor adherence. This includes establishing internal policies and standards—and enforcing those policies.
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly.
- Optimize workflows and communications.
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use.
- Proactively provide insight into how and where the business unit can leverage data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Ensure compliance and security of the data. Data stewards are responsible for protecting the data—while providing information on potential risks and offering regulatory guidance.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and project management practices, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean
- Experience in Data Management role with understanding of data, risk, data architecture, data governance, data analysis, data validation and metadata management.
- Experience in banking and related regulatory/governance standards to provide high quality data having planned, implemented, integrated and controlled activities/processes to ensure availability, usability, integrity, compliance and security of data.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of data life cycle. Operational execution of data/metric standards and data quality rules.
- Understanding of and experience with root cause analysis and problem-solving skills and awareness of the Data Product Life Cycle (DPLC) & Agile methodologies.
- Understands data flows between systems, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data within the data architecture.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in an Agile framework.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar fields like Information Systems, Big Data, etc would be advantageous.
- Related Technical certifications (DAMA - DMBOK)
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By completing and returning this form you give PBT your consent