PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleSoftware Engineering Lead
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 25 years
Job Published04 December 2023
Job Reference No.455254209
PBT Group is offering an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Lead II. In this role, you will be responsible for envisioning, leading, and developing fit-for-purpose, integrated end-to-end technical solutions across multiple technologies for the organisation. Your work will involve inspirational technical leadership and visionary long-term thinking to provide guidance across multiple initiatives and achieve product/program alignment.
Our Engineering Leads are responsible for systems engineering and solution design spanning the organization's technology stack, from the back-end to the front-end. They lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver customer value, ensuring adherence to architectural governance and processes. Collaboration with product owners, software engineers, and centres of excellence is essential to refine and research solutions. Engineering Leads play a pivotal role in evolving the technical landscape and continuously enhancing and optimizing the organization's effectiveness.
As an Engineering Lead, you will create innovative software systems and end-to-end solutions meeting business needs and customer demands. Operating at scale and pace, this role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our software stack.
- Analyse problems, formulate solutions within organizational boundaries, architectures, and constraints.
- Take proposed solutions through relevant governance forums, collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Decompose solutions, assist with work scheduling, and identify resource requirements.
- Develop designs, contribute to functional and non-functional requirements, and assist software designers.
- Troubleshoot technical delivery issues and design with a holistic, robust, and sustainable mindset.
- Apply a product management mindset for long-term thinking.
- Mentor and coach software engineering practitioners.
- Stay updated on the technical landscape, understanding constraints, and risks.
- Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders.
- Craft end-to-end solutions considering people, technology, systems, and data.
- Future-proof solutions within organizational constraints.
- Build and enhance technical assets touched by the solution for long-term sustainability.
- Contribute to the growth of the engineering lead practice.
- Drive organizational alignment across areas of accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and upskilling within your area of expertise.
- Support the business strategy, objectives, and values.
- Stay current with developments in your field of expertise.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives and corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models, and systems through agile thinking.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and implement scalable next-generation system cloud architectures and automation solutions.
- Act as a technical liaison between clients, product owners, security specialists, full-stack developers, and support engineers.
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately managed.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in emerging technology areas.
- Mentor engineers in development best practices, system design, continuous delivery, and expectation management.
- Prototype new emerging technologies.
- Advocate for a superior customer experience throughout the product lifecycle.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum six years of work experience in the software industry.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering solutions with noteworthy leadership roles.
- Strong understanding of internet technologies and security principles.
- Deep understanding of software development and the overall SDLC.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
Type of Exposure:
- Management and integration of DevOps tooling in a Cloud environment.
- Accuracy of design realization.
- Analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data for accurate design and implementation.
- Conceptual design and managing production of websites and portals.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, application programs, IT infrastructure, and system analysis.
- IT Architecture
- IT Concepts
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Continuous Learning
Essential Qualifications: NQF Level: Diploma
Preferred Qualification: BSc (Computer Science), BCom (Information Systems).
Professional Qualification Level 6 (As per new degree naming conventions).
Preferred Certifications: TOGAF Certification
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) or equivalent.
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By completing and returning this form you give PBT your consent