PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleBusiness Intelligence Graduate Program 2023
Job Published20 June 2022
Job Reference No.4245184493
PBT Group, leading Data Specialists, is looking for exceptional graduates wanting to embark on a specialist IT career path. Our program will equip you with Business Intelligence (BI) best practices, real-life case studies, intensive training and on-the-job mentoring culminating in your deployment into business.
PBT Group is a professional services provider to large national and international clients, and one that is focused on transforming data into a tangible asset. PBT Group provides an end-to-end data services and solutions offering, including Data Strategy, Data Engineering, Data Visualisation, Data Analytics, as well as Application Development.
PBT Group has worked in more than 27 countries around the world and has implemented large-scale data projects throughout Africa, the Middle East, Australia and Europe in the banking, insurance, healthcare, telecommunications and retail sectors.
With a staff complement of more than 750 highly skilled professional consultants, PBT Group has a reputation for delivery according to expectations. Worldwide expertise and local wisdom - that’s what makes us different!
What is Business Intelligence?
- BI is the process of gathering information in the field of business. It can be described as enhancing data into information and then into knowledge.
- Businesses realises that in this very competitive, fast-paced and ever-changing business environment, a key competitive quality is how quickly they respond and adapt to change. BI enables businesses to use information gathered to quickly and constantly respond to changes.
- Further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_intelligence.
Graduate Program Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or final year student in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Academic record: a sustained average of 65% and above (your final mark will determine your consideration for the intake into the program).
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Firm understanding of database functionality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- The ability to plan, research, analyse and interpret data.
- Good communication and language skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Applicants must be under the age of 28.
- The program spans over 12 months, with the option to extend for a further period thereafter.
- The first 6 months focuses on theoretical training, followed by 6 months of on-the-job training.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send the following documents to email@example.com.
- Matric Certificate
- Academic Transcripts (Results) for Tertiary Education
- Degree Certificate if you have finished
Please note that only South African residents with a valid ID document will be considered. If the above does not accompany your application, we will not be able to consider you for our Graduate Program.