PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Scientist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 25 years
Job Published04 December 2023
Job Reference No.3514135566
PBT Group has an opportunity for Data Scientist for a project in Cape Town.
- Design, build, test, and deploy complex machine learning and Generative AI models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions across organisation.
- Collaborate with translators and understand business problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Coordinate with business intelligence, Digital Specialists and Data Engineers to deliver holistic analytics solutions.
- Supports translators in communicating the design, operation and output of the analytics models/solutions developed.
- Ensures appropriate analysis and regular solution maintenance testing over time.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3+ years' experience in a statistical and/or data science role; executing ML-driven analytics use cases E2E (data, ML models, change management, execution and monitoring) is a big advantage.
- Must have experience in machine learning, statistics, optimization, or related fields.
- Must understand key ML concepts such as ML model training and evaluation, boosting models, bias-variance trade-off, feature engineering, clustering approaches, A/B testing, leakage.
- Programming / coding experience is necessary; specific experience in Python is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/optimisation and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong Data Engineering background
- AI knowledge
- Business intuition: understand links between available data schema, modeling choices and business considerations.
- Open to work in agile environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Professional and service orientation attitude; team player.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Quickly learn business needs and translate them into possible analytical solutions.
- Strong work ethic: ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus.
- Able to build a sense of trust and relationship that creates a comfortable and effective workplace.
- Attitude to thrive in an accelerated environment.
- Postgraduate degree in Mathematical Statistics/Data Science, Actuarial Science or Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline (Economics/Engineering/Computer Science acceptable with majors / research in statistics / data science); Masters’ degree is an advantage.
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By completing and returning this form you give PBT your consent