PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleETL Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 8 years
Job Published30 June 2022
Job Reference No.3080793644
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Solid ETL Developer.
- Plan and analyse complex business requirements and implement technology enabled solutions to address multi-discipline business opportunities/problems.
- Conduct planning, analysis and design activities in conjunction with other development specialists.
- Participate in analysis of complex business opportunities/problems to deliver designs meeting requirements.
- Participate in estimation of tasks and assist in the development of project plans.
- Code or makes modifications to programs of high complexity, according to specifications.
- Conduct medium to high complexity evaluations for product releases, stand-alone products, etc.
- Conduct walkthroughs and quality review of deliverables.
- Knowledge of design and developing end-to-end data acquisition processes to be used in population of data warehouse/data marts and/or in the creation of interfaces.
- Provide guidance and mentoring on business intelligence technology and systems in general, especially in the area of ETL processes.
- Participate in the formulation of standards to support the data acquisition development process.
- Design, develop and execute complex data acquisition or interface routines using ETL tool, ensuring that business and technical requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, standards and methodologies.
- Intimate knowledge of source systems as well as a basic understanding of dimensional models.
- Conventional database- and data warehouse modeling skills, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
- A sound knowledge of the programming language used to write the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the source databases and the data warehouse from the data staging programs or ETL tool.
- A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the data staging programs.
- Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Cloud experience would be beneficial
Required Qualifications / Training:
- Course on the ETL / related toolset.
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 2+ years programming experience.