PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleSAS / AWS Solutions Architect
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience6 to 25 years
Job Published11 January 2022
Job Reference No.3023109132
PBT Group has an opportunity for a hands-on Solutions Architect with the ability to also explore any new technologies & techniques for the ever-changing landscape of requirements wrt Data. Progressive involvement will require significant focus on AWS (Solution Architecture and transition from on-prem to Cloud).
- Advise & Implement on any technical Data methods, systems or Architecture for the Data Office. I serve as the Data Engineering Tech Lead and have to analyse and solve any new requirements that may arise in an agile fashion.
- Developing & implementing bespoke applications that utilise the Data Lake repository of diverse data (e.g. multiple Claims Payments systems, Fraud Alerting, Data Lake Scheduling Monitoring) – mainly using SAS as the Data Integration tool and logical mechanism for the build.
- Supporting the Data Lake (and Data Office as whole) technical environment (SAS, Linux, Oracle, Hadoop).
- Take the Lead on all Data Office Data Ingestion Patterns (external & internal), advise, explore and implement.
- Mentor and train developers in using the Data Lake effectively and bringing the juniors up to speed
- Assist the PBT Cloud Journey Project team with information gathering from the current Data lanscape.
- Technical skills: The Skillset requires a very deep SAS knowledge, with good Linux, Oracle, Hadoop, SQL practical experience.
- With the onset of the AWS Cloud Migration, AWS Solution Architecture work will become much more necessary in the near future.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent