PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleAzure Data Engineer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 20 years
Job Published13 July 2022
Job Reference No.2874656511
PBT Group has an opportunity for Azure Developers who are well versed in the Azure Stack.
- Data Engineering
- Collecting, centralizing and consolidating large amounts of data from multiple sources by applying data extraction, transforming and load techniques which allow organizations to derive valuable business insights from their data to improve decision-making and enables reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with business in defining necessary architecture, design and build data engineering solutions for business enablement.
- Identify, source and make available key data required for day to day operational reporting and analytics in the Analytics Ecosystem platform.
- Implement an automated data orchestration and quality solution to ensure reliable and readily available data.
- Create and publish data products to enable strategic business initiatives in the Analytics Ecosystem platform.
- Build reporting and analytics solutions to enable and improve decision-making
- Assist in the creation of ADF data replication and transformation pipelines.
- Help upskill the team with the use of ADF.
- Assist with performance tuning of the target databases and with the creation of database maintenance jobs where necessary.
- Manage the BI Development life cycle, ensuring adherence to best practice coding standards.
- Maintain and develop the BI systems.
- Create and build dashboards and reports.
- Development within an Azure based platform helping in the deployment.
- Ensure that the design of BI solutions is scalable and aligned to the architecture principals of the Data Warehouse.
- Azure Data Engineering (Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, PowerBI)
- Strong SQL,
- Fuel and retail industry experience would be a huge advantage.
- Experience in using Data Factory in conjunction with Azure DevOps for source control and deployment across dev/test/prod environments would be ideal.
- This would include experience in templatizing ADF flows for use across different environments.
- Strong SQL Server experience
- Azure SQL Managed Instances experience preferred.
- Experience with Columnar Indexes in SQL Server will be an advantage.
- Solidly skilled within the Azure environment with hands-on experience in setting up and developing ETL and Storage components within Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL DB.
- Ability to optimize the azure environment to not only manage performance but also cost effectiveness.
- Ability to provide technical input to current technical teams/ process analysts and project leads in order to provide technical guidance with regards to technology component fit and functional requirement vetting.
- Should have sufficient experience to operate autonomously and proactively provide technical direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write quality unit and end–to–end tests; debug and optimize existing and new code.
- Azure Data Engineer Certified
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent