PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleDevelopment and DevOps Manager
Experience10 to 15 years
Job Published12 October 2021
Job Reference No.2730752378
PBT is looking for a Development and DevOps Manager within Financial services to manage the developers and DevOps professionals and provide leadership.
This would include but not limited to embedment of standards and best practices, reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions. The incumbent will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communication to stakeholders, status reporting, and resource management.
Manage and maintain code
- Management of the application infrastructure and environment
- Manage and maintain relevant code and processes
- Ensure that all the important components of web application management are addressed
- Ensure coding, testing, deployment and server maintenance
- Identifies trending issues in day-to-day performance
Maintain and support existing systems
- Analysis and approval of new code through relevant security and performance gates
- Adherence to security and performance standards in the organization
- Implement quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes.
- Identify and implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Constantly seeking ways to automate processes, information delivery and reporting
- Development of new ideas for products and services
- Technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Build relationships and collaborate across various internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate between a variety of vendors and technical experts.
- Work within development teams and collaborate effectively with business and systems analysts.
- Build and maintain relationships with greater IT and business colleagues
- Managing a team of developers, including all HR related processes
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Assigns and monitors work of technical resources, ensuring that application development and deployment are performed to industry and best practice standards
- DevOps experience (e.g., CI/CD, ops support) – and experience with working with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, X-Ray, BitBucket, Appium, etc.
- Building back-end or full stack applications
- Working within a Cloud development experience (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Familiar with cloud security concepts and best practices
- Proficiency in Java 8, Kotlin experience advantageous.
- Strong grasp of OO design patterns and fundamental data structures
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Reasonable grasp of application architecture
- Strong grasp of Spring or J2EE APIs
- Experience with RESTful or SOAP APIs
- Experience with SEO and/or Google Analytics
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Basic networking knowledge
- Microservices and cloud application experience
- Experience with functional libraries
- Strong solution building skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail, with the ability to translate technical jargon into non-technical reports/ presentations.
- Strong influencing skills and decision-making ability
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Business and commercial acumen
- Ability to keep up to date with new technological and identify opportunities for the organisation.
- OutSystems (10 and or 11) Full Stack experience
- Experience with React, Angular 2, View or another major web framework.
- Experience with NodeJS or another major backend programming language
- Appropriate degree/ diploma in Computer Science/IT/Engineering/Math
- Relevant coding certification (Java, .Net).
- Outsystems certification.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years’ general IT experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience managing software teams.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Development experience in Java and .NET
- Experience and knowledge for working in Scrum and agile methodologies.
- Experience with DB design (RDBMS, NoSQL, SQLServer, MySQL, etc.)