PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleAutomation Tester
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 15 years
Job Published04 December 2023
Job Reference No.2507754515
PBT Group has an opportunity for a couple of Software Quality Engineers.
- Contribute to the systematic breakdown of the business need into manageable feature(s), stories and epics that can be delivered.
- Participate in the backlog grooming.
- Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
- Discuss the low-level design and functional requirements with the Chapter Lead, Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation frameworks and overall platform.
- Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team.
- Perform adhoc peer review of the automated test assets being maintained by the Software Quality Engineer to ensure conformance of the process and governance.
- Collaborate with the environment DevOps engineer to investigate and correct bugs and inefficiencies.
- Develop the automation scripts using the automation framework for execution.
- Implement the test automation with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
- Ensure the solution meet the architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable.
- Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued and aligns with the governance.
- Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load.
- Responsible for testing of the system or component high-availability and recoverability.
- Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Manage the product risk and communicate to the QA Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
- Report status of testing to the Quality Assurance squad daily.
- Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Participate in the showcase to external stakeholders.
- API automation is key focus (Karate / Rest Assured / SOAP UI etc)
- Front end (Selenium/Appium)
- NFT: JMeter
- Core programming is usually done in Java rather than C# in IntelliJ, with Maven / BitBucket / Git.
- 6 years’ experience
- Functional Testing Experience
- UI Automation Testing (Cucumber and Selenium with JAVA)
- API Automation (Karate DSL/Rest Assured)
- Intermediate SQL
- Mathematical Models Testing
- Intermediate Excel (Creation of Test Harness in Excel)
- ETL Testing
- PowerBI Testing
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By completing and returning this form you give PBT your consent