PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Modeler
Experience8 to 25 years
Job Published03 November 2021
Job Reference No.2396998285
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Modeler to provide expertise, advice and support by designing and developing logical and physical data models and databases to meet the needs of the organisations information systems and business requirements.
The Data Modeller is responsible for data standards and procedures, warehousing, distributed data management and information management functions.
- Manage cost related to income to increase profitability and efficiencies for the business
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and prevent wastage
- Identify process improvements in order to save costs
- Identify, control and escalate potential risks which may lead to increased costs
- Deliver against operational and cost targets
- Delivers internal and external customer service excellence through adherence to quality service standards for data management
- Adhere to shared company values and service standards with regard to customer interaction.
- Resolve customer dissatisfaction/complaints by taking ownership of the problem.
- Analyse customer feedback to help improve customer service.
- Ensure that delivery is accurate, timeous and of an acceptable standard.
- Ensure that product knowledge and advice is technically accurate.
- Know and understand customer needs in order to deliver a quality service.
- Propose ideas to improve customer service
- Coordinate data models, dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications
- Maintain the data dictionary internal and external to the data model
- Maintain the business glossary internal and external to the data model
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data
quality and reduced redundancy
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects
- Ensure that the source to target mapping is done in accordance to the requirement
- Maintain all ETL and business rules within the data model
- Maintain all model related metadata
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments
- Work with data transformation teams to ensure that the model design and development is properly communicated
- Review modifications to existing data modeling software to improve efficiency and performance
- Develop and maintain the Business Matrix
- Manage the flow of information between departments using the data model design
- Develop policies and procedures related to development and support of new and ongoing systems to ensure the integrity of data
- Assure transformation rules are maintained, accurate and consistent
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request
training where appropriate
- Identify effective activities to address own development gaps.
- Create own development plan and review plan with team leader.
- Understand which competencies and skills are required to be mastered to ensure
personal development and performance
- 6 to 8 years related experience
- Strong technical and statistical model building, including scorecard and capital modeling
- MySQL Workbench, Erwin Data Modeller, MS Visio + Strong experience in Hybrid cloud environments, Strong analysis and communication skills
- MySQL Workbench, Amundsen, Erwin Data Modeller, Lucid Chart, SQuirrel SQL Client, MS Visio, Enterprise Architect, Finance Domain knowledge
- Use of macro-economic and other drivers to build technical predictive models
- Quick to understand client/user requirement. Ability to provide ideas which may have a bearing on design early in the process
- Highly skilled in flow diagrams. Provide for all possible loops to make coding and numerical process easy
- Very experienced individual who demonstrates advanced level of numerical/statistical proficiency. Solution offers lots of features that provide for business policy rules and will be functional to client, (e.g. appropriately measure and quantify the degree of new business risk being written.)
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and officially hand over end-product to client, providing the necessary demonstration and is able to answer complex questions relevant to the model
- High level evaluation of model/s. Assesses how different models best serve client requirements. Informed on model building best practice and provides thought leadership on model design
- Minimum: Relevant B.Sc or B.Com degree
- Preferred: Honours degree with focus in Information Management