PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Analyst
Experience7 to 25 years
Job Published23 September 2021
Job Reference No.2202302135
PBT Group requires an expert Data Analyst to build Conceptual Data models for subject areas, Testing of data in the Data Products for Self Service.
With over two decades of expert knowledge and experience as information management specialists, PBT is a recognised leader in Business Intelligence and data warehousing and has extended its competency base to cover data quality and advanced analytics.
We pride ourselves to be a company who attracts, recruits and retains consultants of an exceptional calibre, not only within BI, but also within focused areas of Application Development.
We have worked in more than 25 countries around the world and are currently implementing large-scale projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
- Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
- Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
- Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
- Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
- Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
- Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
- Assist ETL Analysts to draw up data cleansing specifications.
- Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
- Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
- Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
- Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
- Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
- Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
- Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
- Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
- Work with modeling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Analysis
- Experience in building Conceptual Data Models
- Ability to use SQL to query data in RDBMS
- Analysis source systems data and testing the Conceptual Data Models
- Experience in testing data, auditing data techniques a plus
- Experience in Data migration projects
- Experience in NoSQL environments would be an advantage
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 5+ years programming experience.