PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleJava Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 15 years
Job Published23 September 2021
Job Reference No.1472660423
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Java Developer to develop and codify application and software solutions that are bespoke, innovative and sustainable.
- Macro environment
- Engage with the macro-environment to look for new opportunities, capabilities and trends that would add value to the required development work
- Suggest changes in executing work processes to better drive value and benefits for the business
- Prepare and share recommendations for process and systems improvements in relevant area of accountability
- Actively participate in team, cross-discipline and vendor-driven collaboration sessions or forums to increase understanding of the working environment (current and planned)
- Business alignment
- Partner with BT and Business stakeholders to create integrated roadmaps to enable business requirements delivery
- Solution design and build
- Consolidate and prepare solution design documentation
- Apply standards and governance in such a way as to develop the best fit solution for business
- Coordinate and apply various coding efforts
- Collate data on coding progress achieved
- Address and develop solutions to problems and risks arising from coding efforts
- Design relevant test scripts/ test cases to best determine system readiness and usability
- Service handover
- Provide second tier support as required
- 8+ years Java experience.
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Strong back end and front end development skills
- Strong SQL skills, especially on MSSQL
- Solid experience in the following technologies:
- Spring boot
- Experience with workflow tools like TIBCO AMX an advantage
- Experience with rules engines like Drools and advantage
- In depth knowledge of:
- Relevant system/application development language
- Relevant development frameworks
- Coding for security best practice
- Agile/DevOps principles and applications
- Bespoke BU/FA knowledge
- Corporate and investment banking domain (preferred)
- Relevant banking regulations (preferred)
- Worked in an Agile/DevOps environment (preferred)
- Analysis and Attention to Detail - ability to be systematic and rule orientated in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inconsistencies and inaccuracies in detailed information.
- Big Picture Thinking - ability to integrate information from a variety of sources, discern complex underlying relationships and predict patterns for future growth.
- Drive and Results Orientation - self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others.
- Problem Solving – cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions.
- Customer Service Orientation - anticipates, recognises and meets the needs of internal and external clients or customers (however these are defined in the role), taking responsibility for maintaining the highest service standards and developing and sustaining productive client relationships.
- Building Relationships - capacity to put people at ease and build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
Degree in relevant Technology OR Science OR Engineering field of study