PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleScrum Master
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 6 years
Job Published04 August 2022
Job Reference No.1249602412
PBT Group has an opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master. The Scrum Master will act as a mentor to the development team in data architecture, data modeling and data analysis.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile. Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Facilitative; must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team, guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organisation
- Attitude of empowerment; must be able to lead a team to self-organization, guiding and coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Assertive; must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls. Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Conflict resolution; must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Communicative and social; must be able to communicate well with teams, assisting with internal and external communication.
- Attitude of transparency; must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
- Enthusiastic and Energetic
- Continual improvement; must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Situationally Aware; must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
Skills / Experience Required:
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a development team
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand fundamentals of development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)