PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleMicrosoft BI Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 12 years
Job Published05 August 2022
Job Reference No.1205011628
PBT Group has a requirement for a Microsoft BI Developer who knows SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
With over two decades of expert knowledge and experience as information management specialists, PBT is a recognised leader in Business Intelligence and data warehousing and has extended its competency base to cover data quality and advanced analytics.
We pride ourselves to be a company who attracts, recruits and retains consultants of an exceptional calibre, not only within BI, but also within focused areas of Application Development.
- Microsoft BI: Strong SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Strong modular system design skills.
- Conventional and data warehouse modelling skills are required, in order to understand the various data models and to define the mappings between them.
- System analysis and design skills are necessary to design and document the data extractions and transformations.
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools being used, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the ETL program designs.
- Good organisation, planning and basic management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 5+ years programming experience.
- Design, develop, test and deploy ETL for ODS and data mart projects, as well as application and management reports.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and upgrade setup or support on ETL and database related issues.
- Research and evaluate alternative IT solutions to make appropriate recommendations to meet the business needs for management information.
- Perform root cause analysis, performance monitoring and application related issues.
- Review IT work products from the team members for completeness and quality.
- Accurately translate business requirement to technical documentation and test case or results.
- Analyse and map data from source systems to target operational data stores and data marts.
- Maintain and provide application support in production.
- Code or folder migration from one environment to another as part of release management.
- Participation in all aspects of quality assurance.
- Active participation in systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain the end user applications, typically using off-the-shelf data access software or conventional query- and reporting tools.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Load and maintain the metadata for the data access tool.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Produce complex, efficient, error-free reporting solutions and related documentation.
- BI front end development on data structures, cubes, reporting, dashboards, etc.