PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleSAP Business Objects Data Services Developer
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published05 October 2021
Job Reference No.1174742264
PBT Group has a vacancy for a SAP Business Objects Data Services Consultant.
KEY DELIVERABLES FOR THE BUSINESS OBJECTS DATA SERVICES DEVELOPER:
- ETL system specifications, including the high level ETL process and detailed plan for each table;
- ETL system to handle historic fact and dimension loads, incremental fact and dimension loads, aggregate processing and automation of these processes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BUSINESS OBJECTS DATA SERVICES DEVELOPER:
- Knowledge of Relational Database concepts and SQL.
- Excellent in analytical and problem solving skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in Business Objects Data Services.
- Experience in performance Tuning ETL jobs - performance tuning will be an essential part of the job.
- Experience in both creating new ETL logic via Business Objects Data Services, learning the logic and design of existing ETL processes, and being able to run and support them including scheduling and troubleshooting
- The Business Objects Data Services Developer will be will be required to design and develop the ETL systems for delivering data to the various data marts (both historic load processing and incremental load processing). The outcomes of the engagement will be the ETL System Specifications and an ETL system to handle historic fact and dimension loads, incremental fact and dimension loads and automation of these processes;
- Drive the process to design and develop the ETL system. (The project manager and other system analysts/developers will assist with requirement definition activities);
- Drive the process to ensure the quality of data (ensure the data stewards take an active role in assisting with data quality during the ETL development process);
- Design high level ETL process
- Develop strategies for extracting data
- Develop strategies for policing data quality
- Develop strategies for dimension change management
- Design strategy to meet availability requirements
- Design the structure of the ETL staging area
- Design detailed ETL plans for each table
- Set up initial job sequencing
- Document the ETL system specification
- Obtain User acceptance/ review
- Build dimension table surrogate key management system
- Load the date table and other static dimensions
- Build loads for type 1 dimension tables; test
- Build loads for type 2 dimension tables; test
- Build loads for other Dimensions; test
- Build fact table loads; test
- Design, build and test ETL system automation
- Obtain user acceptance/ review