PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleTechnical Architect
Experience7 to 20 years
Job Published04 October 2021
Job Reference No.1071063658
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Technical Architect to deliver value adding, modern and robust technology architectures and strategies that enables the business objectives.
Initial 6-month contract with a possibility to extend. Work will be performed remotely, and collaboration session held through teams.
- Scheduled Technology Engagements
- Engage with stakeholders to understand technology needs, ambitions and pain-points across the Energy Business.
- Alignment with relevant product backlogs
- Technology Advisory & Strategy Development
- Works with customers to better align Information Management (IM) technology capabilities with their strategic and operational objectives. The service is focused on helping to create and sustain value at the key intersection of business and technology.
- Provide technical expertise to delivery teams (Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Product Managers) during product development and delivery
- Provide technical expertise to platform teams ensuring the technology architecture allows for stable and quality service delivery
- Technology Roadmaps
- Create technology roadmaps which align organisational plans with emerging technology solutions
- Submit reports to share knowledge with relevant stakeholders
- Business Case Development
- Assist stakeholders in development of business cases for high-level initiatives, approval, funding, and prioritisation.
- Technology Research and Assessment
- Plan and lead the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats, and opportunities
- Run Proof of Value/Proof of Concept initiatives
- Architecture Standards Implementation
- Implement architecture standards for the domains to enable the provision of consistency
- Secure guardrails for product development by working closely with delivery teams ensuring relevant architecture blueprints, patterns and principles are adhered to
- Contribute to the development of architecture patterns, blueprints and principles
- Architecture Performance Monitoring
- Monitor and evaluate architecture performance against set KPIs to determine improvements
- Innovation Hub
- Formulate, evolve, and adapt innovation tools, processes, and infrastructures to drive the process of innovation in the Energy Business
- Strategic analysis and translation into technology options and capabilities
- Development of architecture patterns, blueprints and standards – strong technical document writing skills required
- Technology roadmap development
- Agile product delivery
- Solutions Architecture background
- Working knowledge and understanding of Cloud, Data, Analytics, ERP, Integration, Automation etc. infrastructure and architecture
- Knowledge of plant/manufacturing technologies will be beneficial
- Microsoft Azure architecture knowledge
- Exposure to architecture framework e.g. TOGAF will be beneficial
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent