BI in a Box
This project was implemented for each of the cellular network group’s operational companies.
The process included:
- Data warehouse architecture, design, data modelling and building as well as information exploitation. The data warehouse was implemented in Oracle with ETL processing done using Informatica and a PBT-developed Oracle framework. Exploitation and reporting were implemented using OBIEE report writer.
- Data warehousing consisting of several star schemas that represent the core business processes of the cellular network enterprise. The largest of these star schemas stores detailed call data records (CDRs), which is a consolidated view of the raw CDR, with the call charges and roaming charges added separately from the relevant billing systems.
- Other star schemas that include prepaid events (recharges, adjustments), sales, call centre interactions, general ledger transactions, balances and budgets, and post-paid billing details. Major dimensions included MSISDN / subscriber, IMSI (SIM card), IMEI (handset) and some smaller dimensions like base station, sales channel and distribution channel etc. All the information is available for ad hoc reporting and analysis.
PBT Technology Services
Data warehouse architecture, design, data modelling and building, information exploitation
Standardised BI solution architected, designed, implemented and deployed to all the cellular network’s operational companies
- Strategic consulting
- Programme and project management
- Business analysis
- Data analysis
- Solution architecture and design
- Dimensional modelling
- ETL design and implementation
- Report design and implementation
- Advanced analytics / data mining